J&M will provide on-site subject matter experts to advise executives, elected leaders, and emergency management personnel confronted by a crisis. During a disaster, and in the days and hours leading up to it if there’s advanced notice, state and local executives and emergency management leaders are bombarded with information, and questions, while also trying to make key decisions, solicit assistance, and ensure that the organization is working effectively to save lives and protect property.
Executives must sort through the information to determine what’s accurate, what’s important to act on, and what information may be inaccurate or doesn’t require executive level attention. Executives must also be responsive to questions, from staff, the media, and their citizens, and communicate effectively through the media to provide citizens with important information and demonstrate that the situation is being handled effectively. Specific services include:
• Pre-event monitoring to ensure plans are being “operationalized” and adjusted to meet actual conditions and circumstances.
• Assistance in establishing an Incident Command System .
• Ensuring access to, and communication with the key federal response officials and resource providers to establish appropriate pre-positioning and deployment of resources.
• Post event field monitoring and analysis to ensure incident action plans reflect appropriate operational priorities, and provide performance accountability.
• Expert counsel to ensure quick and comprehensive access to federal resources available through the “Stafford Act” and the National Response Framework.
• Development of a comprehensive and integrated communication strategy.
• Immediate post disaster recovery assistance to include establishing an organizational framework for successful operations and establishing policies and processes to cut red tape, and streamline decision-making.